Latest COVID-19 Updates
- Announcing Lori Brown is New CEO of PayNorthwestToday we are very excited to announce an important milestone in the history of PayNorthwest. September 1, 2021 Lori Brown took over as CEO of PayNorthwest from our Founder and first and only CEO we have had to date, Mike Anderson.
- COBRA Assistance and SubsidyAssistance from Congress to employers and workers continues (specifically through the American Rescue Plan Act – ARPA- signed into law March 21, 2021). The latest mandate and employer assistance to come into play is the temporary COBRA continuation coverage premium assistance to affected workers and a corresponding credit to employers.
Solutions for Employers Navigating the COVID-19 Pandemic
CONTACT TRACING – Safeguard your employees and workplace
ATTESTATION SOLUTION – When compliance with company policies is critical
CONTACTLESS TIME CLOCKS – A clean time clock is essential in a time of pandemic
FFCRA SICK LEAVE CREDITS – Track emergency paid sick leave for employees and their offsetting tax credits for employers
LEAVE MANAGEMENT SOLUTION – Automated leave management increases visibility and productivity
The Return to Work
The Return to Work
Latest guidance for businesses adapting to the new normal
- Leave Management SolutionAs managing your workforce becomes increasingly complex in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic, documented proof of compliance and accurate time and labor management is more critical than ever before.
- CDC Guidance for Businesses and WorkplacesRead the latest guidance from the Centers for Disease Control.
Resources for Washington State Employers
- Inslee extends proclamation protecting high-risk workersGov. Jay Inslee announced the extension of a proclamation today giving high-risk workers the right to protect themselves from COVID-19 without jeopardizing their employment status … Continue
- Washington Department of Labor and Industries issues guidance on face masksUnder new Coronavirus workplace safety and health requirements now in effect, most employers in Washington are required to provide face coverings and masks to employees at no charge. Workers can bring their own face coverings and masks as well, as long as they meet requirements.
- Paycheck Protection Program From SBAWhile many extensions and flexibilities were enacted with recent legislation, one date still remains: the last day a PPP loan application can be approved is June 30, 2020. That means now is the time to apply for a PPP loan before time runs out.
- Employer Social Security DefermentThe CARES Act provides for the delay of payment of Employer Social Security tax incurred between March 27, 2020 and December 31, 2020. 50% of the deferred tax payments are due on December 31, 2021 and 50% is due on December 31, 2022.
- SBA Releases PPP Loan Forgiveness Application and InstructionsThe Small Business Administration (SBA) released the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan forgiveness application along with detailed instructions on May 15, 2020. The form and instructions inform borrowers how to apply for forgiveness of their PPP loans.
Families First Coronavirus Response Act
FFCRA mandates that employers provide paid sick and emergency leave but allows for the amount paid to be used as a credit against payroll taxes.
You can track leave wages paid to employees using specially configured earnings code set up by PayNorthwest for you in the system. Contact us now to get these leave earnings codes set up in the system for you.
Federal Restrictions on Relief Programs
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loan amounts cannot be used or forgiven for FFCRA wages covered by credit.
Employee Retention Credit
Employee Retention Credit (ERC) cannot be combined with PPP loans.
Important Legislative Responses that Affect Payroll & HR
Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance
Department of Homeland Security Announces Flexibility in Form I-9 Requirements
Federal Loan Garnishment Suspension
OSHA Standards and Directives
U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission and COVID-19